I have a dream that we all think about a couple of things this summer (actually all year, but now is the high season). Every summer, thousands of adventurous people participate in holiday activities that go beyond animal welfare and in many cases can be described as animal cruelty, without being aware of it.
1. Zoos. The place where animals are kept trapped in confined areas or in cages so that we humans can view them, not unlike the way we view objects in a museum. These are wild animals that we humans have put in captivity. If you pay to visit a zoo, you directly support a practice where animals are used as entertainment objects for us humans.
2. Transport with donkeys, horses, camels etc. They stand in the sun all day and often without food and water. During the tourist season Temperatures can often range between 30 and 40 degrees.
3. Aquariums. Stay away, these animals are deprived of their freedom and opportunity to unfold naturally, only to entertain people.
4. Animal shows. Dolphins entertaining and letting you swim with them. These animals belong in the ocean and not in a pool. Bullfighting where bulls are subjected to violence and murder for entertainment only and similiar attractions.
5. Contact and photography of/with imprisoned animals. There animals are tamed, drugged and trapped in a severely violent manner only to serve as money makers.
6. Plastic. Throwing away disposable grills, plastic cups, and other garbage is terrible and lazy behavior. It kills thousands of animals. Clean up after yourself!
I write about this for people to open their eyes and realize that animals are not entertainment.
Wish you all a really nice summer and I hope in the future we will be better at taking care of the animals and our planet!
(Should you witness irresponsible animal cruelty or see animals suffering, contact local animal welfare organizations and report to the local police.) photosource:wildcatlife